This blog contains a list of all the boxes that I have planted. It includes when, where and the status of the box. You can click on the name of any of the boxes to be taken to the clues at Atlas Quest. I hope you enjoy finding them as much as I enjoyed planting them.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Letterboxes Planted 1 - 50

40 letterboxes. That's how many I had found when I felt like I had learned enough about letterboxing that I could plant my own. I started letterboxing in February 2006 and in April 2006 I planted my first box - Chimney Rock. For two months I tried to pay close attention to detail on all the boxes I had found. With each box that I found, I would make a note of what the box was like (ie: size, shape, type of container, logbook, was it still closing well, etc, etc, etc). I used this information to decide how I wanted to make my boxes. Lock & Lock boxes won out. All my boxes are made with Lock & Lock boxes and I have templates to make my logbooks so that they fit the box perfectly. I also try to keep a theme to my boxes connecting the stamp, information and area so that not only do you find a letterbox . . . you may just learn something along the way.
So far I have 24 boxes planted. Below you will find a list and links to my boxes. I hope you enjoy hunting for these boxes, please e-mail me when you find one and let me know what you think. My e-mail address is lionsmane63@yahoo.com


# Box Name City, State Planted Status
1. Chimney Rock Abiquiu, NM 04/15/2006 ●
2. Cerrillos, NM 05/06/2006 ●
3. Western Blue Flag Santa Fe, NM 05/24/2006 ●
4. Texas Longhorn Quanah, TX 05/24/2006 ●
5. Lady of the Lake Dallas, TX 05/24/2006 ●
6. Mighty Oak Lafayette, LA 05/24/2006 ●
7. Santa Fe Southern Lamy, NM 05/24/2006 ●
8. Six Feet Above New Orleans, LA 05/24/2006 ●
9. Village Acadien: Bienvenue Lafayette, LA 05/24/2006 ●
10. Village Acadien: La Musique de Cajun Lafayette, LA 05/24/2006 ●
11. Village Acadien: La Chappell De Nouvel Espoir Lafayette, LA 05/24/2006 ●
12. Major-General Mystery, Mystery 05/24/2006 ●
13. Thaumaturgic Escalator Mystery, Mystery 05/24/2006 ●
14. Canis latrans Mystery, Mystery 05/24/2006 ●
15. Bad, Bad Black Sheep! Santa Fe, NM 07/02/2006 ●
16. Three in a Row Mystery, Mystery 07/02/2006 ●
17. Ribbit Santa Fe, NM 07/02/2006 ●
18. Devil with a Blue Dress On Santa Fe, NM 07/02/2006 ●
19. Conservatory Seattle, WA 08/03/2006 ●
20. Lover's Walk Vancouver, BC, Canada 08/06/2006 ●
21. Jim Croce Portland, OR 08/08/2006 ●
22. We're in Seattle Seattle, WA 08/12/2006 ●
23. City Different Walking Tour Santa Fe, NM 09/28/2006 ●
24. The Crow Knows Santa Fe, NM 10/07/2006 ●
25. Honor, Loyalty and Peace Santa Fe, NM 10/08/2006 ●
26. Going in Circles Santa Fe, NM 11/07/2006 ●
27. Land of Enchantment Series: State Flag  Santa Fe, NM 11/11/2006 ●
28. Land of Enchantment Series: State Tree  Santa Fe, NM 11/11/2006 ●
29. Land of Enchantment Series: State Fossil  Santa Fe, NM 11/11/2006 ●
30. Land of Enchantment Series: State Mammal  Santa Fe, NM 11/11/2006 ●
31. Land of Enchantment Series: State Insect  Santa Fe, NM 11/11/2006 ●
32. Land of Enchantment Series: State Bird  Santa Fe, NM 11/11/2006 ●
33. Land of Enchantment Series: State Fish  Santa Fe, NM 11/11/2006 ●
34. Land of Enchantment Series: State Flower  Santa Fe, NM 11/11/2006 ●
35. Land of Enchantment Series: State Vegetable Santa Fe, NM 11/11/2006 ●
36. Koi Fish Albuquerque, NM 03/04/2007 ●
37. Urban Forest Albuquerque, NM 03/04/2007 ●
38. Los Vaqueros Cerrillos, NM 03/04/2007 ●
39. Giant Rebel of Eden Santa Fe, NM 04/13/2007 ●
40. Albuquerque, NM 04/28/2006 ●
41. ev•o•lu•tion Santa Fe, NM 05/24/2007 ●
42. BioPark Albuquerque, NM 05/24/2007 ●
43. Waiting on the World to Change Santa Fe, NM 05/24/2007 ●
44. abri del ne Mystery, NM 05/24/2007 ●
45. Want Saki?!?!? Mystery, NM 05/24/2007 ●
46. Bear in Mind Santa Fe, NM 07/11/2007 ●
47. The Netherwood Box Revisited Santa Fe, NM 07/30/2007 ●
48. Araneae Santa Fe, NM 09/19/2007 ●
49. "Fortitudo Dei" Santa Fe, NM 10/01/2007 ●
50. New Mexico's Eternal Flame Santa Fe, NM 10/02/2007 ●

Active = Green ●     Unavailable = Blue ●     Retired = Red ●     Unknown = Gray ●

The letterboxes listed here were planted between April 15, 2006 and October 2, 2007.
They were planted in New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Washington, British Columbia (Canada) and Oregon.

No comments: